Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why haven't we used fitteds?

To round out fitteds week....I'd like to talk about why we haven't used them yet.

Well, the simple answer to that is that we just haven't had the extra money to buy any new diapers.  There are more reasons though.  I was always intimidated by the idea of having to put on a fitted, fasten it, and then put on a cover.  It seemed like a bunch of steps that you don't have to worry about when using pockets.  Also, the cost of having to buy fitteds (which is similar or more than the cost of pockets) and then having to buy covers to go along with.  Before getting involved with Under Cover month, I never thought about trying out covers, fitteds or prefolds.  I wanted to try other types of diapering but they were AIO and AI2's that I was interested in.  It wasn't until I was chatting with Cloth Diaper Addiction that I learned that the more traditional ways of cloth diapering are still fairly easy.  Then my interests were piqued.

I started doing more research on fitted diapers and found that they are a great thing to use around the house for those times when you want your little one to get a little 'air' but you don't want your furniture watered....(Little Man taught me a lesson there!)  Now I really want to try out a fitted...my poor ottoman wants us to use them too.  I'm no longer intimidated by the two step process of putting on a fitted and then putting on a cover.  I can't imagine it being all that much more work.  Plus, you can reuse your cover a few times.  I would think that this would make laundry easier too because you wouldn't have to worry as much about water or drying temperatures when washing just fitteds like you have to with pockets and their PUL.  And I've heard that stink issues are lower with natural fibers than with microfiber.  That would be a huge bonus!

I was hoping to find a sponsor to help me test out fitteds for this event, but it just didn't happen.  I am proud to say though that I finally won a fitted diaper!  I am very excited to get it and give it a good try....I think it would be a good mate for my Zookies cover.

Photobucket Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a note! I love hearing from you!