Saturday, March 7, 2015

Technically Yours

I've been spooling for months, okay, closer to a full year.  I just didn't know where to start.  My life has changed drastically since I was last talking to all of you on a regular basis.  The kids are growing up, fully potty learned, and gaining independence.  My attention has been focused on finishing a degree in a completely new career field for me.  And because of all this, I have left you all in the dark.

I wasn't exactly sure how to proceed with this adventure that I started 5 years ago.  I watched it grow, worked hard to market it, worked with some really wonderful people/companies/fellow bloggers.  It was amazing.  I don't want to let that go, but at the same time, my life is different now.  When I first started OTTW, I specifically named it so that it could grow with me as my life grew.  I never expected to be a "mommy blogger" or "cloth diaper blogger" specifically.  That's just what filled my attention at that time.  And, of course, I still have a lot to say on a lot of different subjects.

So, it is time for OTTW to evolve.  I hope you all stick around, meet new people, explore new adventures with me.  I'll still talk about kids, and family life.  I'm just letting you all know that it could be filled with some more technical information too.

I am set to graduate this May with my degree in Computer and Networking Security with an emphasis in Information Assurance.  As I've been learning more and more about this field and getting a chance to meet some industry giants, I've learned that the biggest hurdle to this industry is social awareness.  So, that's what I'm going to do.  I will strive to not get too techy, geeky, technical.  (I have a knack for speaking in lay terms from working in the automotive industry for over a decade.)  But there's some really, really important stuff that all of you should know.  Stuff on how to protect yourself, and more importantly, how to protect your family and your kids.

We're all reaching a turning point in our lives where, like many years ago, we had to learn to lock the door of the car when we walk away, or lock up the house when we leave.  It's simple stuff that people just don't quite think about all the time.  But it's important to make it a part of your everyday online life.  But, I'll get more into that as we go along........


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a note! I love hearing from you!