Saturday, December 14, 2013

Break time!

Well, this has been a whirlwind year.  I finally have a month long break between semesters at the University.  I plan on using this break to get back to work.  I have missed writing to you all and interacting with you.  So, I plan to use this time wisely to get prepared for the next semester.  I plan to have one post a month at the very least.  I am still so touched by how many people still consistently come here to visit, even though I haven't been consistent.  All of your support through this year has been a motivator.  I know that my hard work is worth all of the sacrifices.

Just to catch all of you up on what's going on in my world.  I started in January as a full time college student.  I am working towards my degree in Computer Securities and Networking (with an emphasis on securities.)  I am LOVING it!  I love my classes, and I really love the industry.  It is challenging and exciting.  I started Spring 2013 taking one in-person class at a satellite university and the rest of my classes were online.  Then in Summer 2013, I had half my classes online and half in-person.  Fall 2013, I decided that it was beneficial to take all my classes in-person.  I took 3 of them at the satellite university and one of them on main campus.  Main campus is a 45 minute, one way, drive for me.  (Luckily, The RacDad got me an iPod to keep me company on my drive, and I thank him everyday for it.  I forgot how much music was a part of my life.)  The one main campus class was phenomenal!!  Because of that experience, I will be taking all four of my classes next semester up there.  I am not too excited about driving in the winter out into the country on back highways to get to the university, but I am more than excited to work with these teachers!  The program is awesome.  So, the benefits far outweighed the risks.

I became addicted to Ju-ju-be bags this year.  And shortly after, I found Petunia Pickle Bottom.  It's a dangerous addiction to have....at least for my pocketbook.  I have finally narrowed down my favorite bags and prints.  With one exception.  I am still looking for the perfect bag to use for next semester.  Being on the main campus, I am going to need to tote along all of my gadgets (computer, tablet, phone, and chargers) and my textbooks.  I also have to have my personal items and snacks!  I found a book bag that is okay.  But it's a tight fit for my 15 inch laptop, and it's hard to carry over the top of my winter coat.  I have an idea of what might work though.  I'm thinking of using my Ju-ju-be BePrepared bag.  I just wish that it had backpack straps for those times when back carrying would be more convenient.  I will have to let you all know what I find.

 We are no longer cloth diapering and we are no longer breastfeeding.  Peanut turned 2 in October and with my busy school schedule, she decided that she no longer needed 'nummies'.  She was content to wean.  It was bittersweet for me.  I missed having that connection with her, but I don't miss the torn feeling that I had when I had to be away from her for classes.  She also started potty learning at the same time.  So, we transitioned to trainers and sold all of our cloth diapers (or traded them for bags.)  She is keeping up with her big brother, and we are afraid that she is more fearless than he is!  She is a daredevil.  It will be fun to watch her grow and see the type of person that she becomes.

Little Man is full of energy.  He keeps us on our toes and is SO smart!  He spells words, counts, sings songs, climbs on everything, and loves to play with his sisters.  He will be starting preschool in January.  He is more than ready and is always asking about going to school.  I can't wait to see him go and watch the changes as he learns how to listen to others and grows.

Sweet Pea is surprising us everyday.  She is in Middle School now and plays the French Horn and the Cello.  She loves them both and has an amazing ear.  I love that even though The RacDad and I didn't influence her decisions to participate in music classes, she is truly a great musician.  I like having that to share with her.  We try to steal away for "Girls Afternoons" once every 3 weeks or so.  We go out for lunch and then do something fun, like go to a museum or just window shop downtown and grab a sweet treat.  She is growing into the most amazing young woman.

The RacDad is busy with his job and helping to keep up the house for me.  He does so much to help me out so that I can focus on classes and homework.  He daydreams of being a stay-at-home dad once I start working again, but I don't think he'd ever quit his job.  He likes it too much.  He still amazes me everyday.  I am so lucky to be his wife.  After 15 years, 12 of them living with each other, I am still excited to spend every day with him.  I am in awe of how good we are together.

We have missed being able to travel to see our family and friends.  It's been a pretty lonely year.  But we knew that it was part of the sacrifices that we had to make.  Hopefully, we will be able to play catch-up this summer.

Thank you all for all of your support and kind words.  It has been greatly appreciated.

Happy holiday season to you all.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. All in all it sounds like a good year. I can understand the lonely feeling though. My family & most of my friends are on teh other side of the country so I feel ya. Also aren't PPB & JJB great?:) I've narrowed it down too. It's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a note! I love hearing from you!