Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award!

Wow!  I never would've thought that anyone would've been paying attention to my blog to notice that I like to talk about different things.  Then I got a message from Manager to Mom AND from FTM  that they both have given me the Versatile Blogger Award!  I was so surprised that they liked me enough to think about me!  They are both bloggers that I just love reading and connecting with; so I give them a big Thank You!


Here are the official rules:
  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
  • Tell your readers seven (7) things about you.
  • Give this award to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.
So, here are seven things about me.
  1. My guilty pleasure is Cake.  I love cake...just plain vanilla cake (no frosting).  I could eat it everyday for every meal and be the happiest person in the world.  I'll even let you in on a secret.....My main motivation to go to weddings and graduation parties.....is for the cake!
  2. I spent most of my life thinking I could never have kids, so I dedicated my time to work.  I've worked as a professional in many different industries.  I've worked in the Automotive Industry, Jewelry Industry, and Architecture/Construction/Engineering Industries.  I loved being dedicated and learning as much as I could about each.  It was very fulfilling.
  3. I am a trained Opera singer.  Yep!  I also was a professional Jazz Singer for years.  Singing and music is a major part of my life, but at this point it is also a very private part of my life.  I sing in church in a very limited capacity; they don't even know the full extent of what I can do.  My kids know that I sing and love to do it.  I love helping my budding artists learn new things, but I'm determined to not 'train' my kids until they're in High School and want to learn.  I prefer to let them be their own people and explore their own interests.  (I have also played classical piano for 26 years, but I don't usually let people know that.)  I also can't wait to make my 'comeback' once the kids are old enough.
  4. I live in a whirlwind romance with the love of my life.  He started out as my best friend and confidant and has turned into my Prince Charming who swept me away and made me his bride.  We are more in love with everyday that passes.  Even after 8 years of marriage and 12 years of spending time together; we constantly talk to each other and connect everyday.  I couldn't live my life without him.  We have two kids and I'm expecting number three to arrive around Halloween (my miracle babies!).  I love being pregnant so much and I love my kids.  I never knew that life could be so fulfilling just by having those little people to share it with.  They ground me and challenge me everyday.  I am a better person because of them.
  5. I grew up in a very small town.  My Great Grandmother lived across the street from my Grandmother, who lives on the other corner of the block from my Mom.  (We always joke that my Mom was told she had to hold hands to cross the street, and that's why she lives next door to her Mom.)  My Aunts and Uncles all live just down the street in different directions, the farthest one being 7 blocks.  And we aren't even the biggest family 'clan' in town!  We had 5 Generations living in town before we moved, and we just recently lost my Great Grandmother in March.
  6. Growing up in the atmosphere that I did, I learned how to be compassionate and helpful.  This surprises people and they think that I'm crazy at first, until they realize that I don't have an ulterior motive, I just really want to be helpful.  Because of this, I also come off as nosy although I try hard to not be.  When I get really zealous about a topic, it's because I'm genuinely concerned and worried.  That is the reason that I started this blog, so I could share these helpful ideas, information, hints and tips without accidentally saying to family and friends, "You have to do this!"
  7. I am a huge rule follower; it's almost OCD how intense this gets.  This often annoys my husband (especially when driving).  I have a mindset that if there is a rule, no matter how obscure, it is there for a reason and the world would be much better if people would follow them.  It is especially frustrating to me when people admit that they know the rules, but think that they can 'get around them' for what ever reason.  It makes me want to scream, "You are no more special than anyone else!  You are not smarter than the people who made the rule and you will get caught.  So stop being an idiot and follow the rules!"
Here are 15 other blogs that I just love and would be honored to pass this award to.  It was very difficult to pick just 15 because I have many that I love to read and connect with.  So in no particular order:
  1. Mummies Nummies
  2. The Raconteur Daddy
  3. Jewels and Treasures
  4. Little Baby Bug
  5. Maple Leaf Mommy
  6. Mummy-land and Loving It!
  7. One Praying Mommy
  8. leaves of my tree
  9. Ramblings
  10. According to Jenny
  11. I am not Superwoman
  12. Cooper Avenue
  13. Adventures of Mommy 'S'
  14. Him, Me and Wee Three
  15. The Mommy Goods
Thank you so much!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. aww, thanks! i'm honored! now you've given me a reason to post (which i have been so bad about lately!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw :) Thanks for this. It's been a stressful work day so this helped make my day a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great talent to sing and play the piano. I'll bet your family loves having so much music in the home.

    I grew up in a small town too! There was not a lot to do, but I miss the small town feel sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I was hoping to brighten a few days.

    @Grumpy Grateful Mom - Oh how I wish I would've found you before! You would definitely be on this list!!! I really love your writing style and I have to thank you for giving me a glimpse into what I get to look forward to next year with my two youngest. I am a new follower of you!

    For everyone else - check her out! It is pure enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trained opera singer?! No way!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! :) It is pretty fun. I really love classical, but I have to admit that doing Jazz is so much fun. They are both very different though and make you work different areas of your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally made my day!!! Thanks so much… I love reading your posts :) and will connect up with a few of the other blogs you have awarded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! That is awesome!!!
    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! You made my day!! :) I too sing and play piano but very few people know how well I can because I'm a bit shy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awh, yeah, this did make my day. It may take me a few days, but I'll get to posting my awards soon. This is super special. I love meeting new blobby friends. Ps...cool about the singing. I studied at the Boston conservatory as a musical theatre major and always loved listening to the vocal performance majors practice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading your 7 things! What an eclectic list of careers & talents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone! I'm glad I could make a few days brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! You made my day! I'm still very much surprised that people actually read what I write!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a note! I love hearing from you!